Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Importance and the Need for Daily Bible Reading and Study - Bill the Torontonian

The Importance and the Need for Daily Bible Reading and Study
  
Luke 11:28   But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

John 5:39   Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

John 17:17   Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Revelation 1:3   Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

Isaiah 34:16   Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit it hath gathered them.

Deuteronomy 17:19   And it shall be with him, and he shall read therein all the days of his life: that he may learn to fear the LORD his God, to keep all the words of this law and these statutes, to do them:

Acts 17:11   These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

1 Timothy 4:13   Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

2 Timothy 2:15   Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

 Psalms 119:1   ALEPH. Blessed are the undefiled in the way, who walk in the law of the LORD.

Psalms 119:2   Blessed are they that keep his testimonies, and that seek him with the whole heart.

Psalms 119:9   BETH. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.

Psalms 119:10   With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.

Psalms 119:11   Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.

Psalms 119:15   I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.

Psalms 119:16   I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.

Psalms 119:25   DALETH. My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word.

Psalms 119:28   My soul melteth for heaviness: strengthen thou me according unto thy word.

Psalms 119:92   Unless thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction.

Psalms 119:93   I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me.

Psalms 119:94   I am thine, save me; for I have sought thy precepts.

Psalms 119:97   MEM. O how love I thy law! it is my meditation all the day.

Psalms 119:98   Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.

Psalms 119:105   NUN. Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Psalms 119:107   I am afflicted very much: quicken me, O LORD, according unto thy word.

Psalms 119:114   Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word.

Psalms 119:130   The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.

Psalms 119:131   I opened my mouth, and panted: for I longed for thy commandments.

Psalms 119:133   Order my steps in thy word: and let not any iniquity have dominion over me.

Psalms 119:140   Thy word is very pure: therefore thy servant loveth it.

Psalms 119:143   Trouble and anguish have taken hold on me: yet thy commandments are my 
delights.
Psalms 119:148   Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word.

Psalms 119:159   Consider how I love thy precepts: quicken me, O LORD, according to thy lovingkindness.

Psalms 119:162   I rejoice at thy word, as one that findeth great spoil

Psalms 119:165   Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.

Psalms 119:167   My soul hath kept thy testimonies; and I love them exceedingly.

Psalms 119:171   My lips shall utter praise, when thou hast taught me thy statutes.
 All scripture is from the King James Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment